Sunday, March 20, 2011

Various updates

Did some airbrushing today and here's the results. I was very surprised how well Boltgun Metal worked with an airbrush. The finish was really awesome. I'm going to add some black wash, black drybrushing, and some special treatments on the flamer (hint: blue). I do wonder if I can add some weathering to the metal color *hmm*. And if you look in the top right corner, that's a future project taking form :)


I ended up winning one Assault on Black Reach Tactical squad. I intend to make it a plasma squad, so plasmagun, plasma cannon, and absolutely no plasma pistol (+15p in the current codexes is silly). Might put a combi-plasma on the sergeant though. Going to be conversions at the very least. So stay tune for Squad III, 4th Company, Imperial Fists :)


My wife and I went out to find me some gift for me for our 3rd anniversary. I thought it was time to try to cut down on the plastic crack and went for another of my vises, books. This is today's loot. Half priced books had this awesome stack of Horus Heresy books in real nice quality. I've got tons of reading material now :)


Until next time, be careful out there!

3 comments:

  1. this is really cool, didn't know how boltgun metal would work on the airbrush. This will save me a lot of time painting scarabs/warriors/destroyers

    thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worked far far better than I ever thought. It flowed out of the airbrush in kind of a weird way and I needed far far less paint that usual, but it went on so so very smooth. I do thin my paints before I airbrush (windex, though I am thinking of using something else as it seems a bit, well, odd), I don't think it would like straight Boltgun in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and it makes me want to try a squad of Grey Knights. Just that I don't want to actually *play* them so I would have to find a way to offset the cost (as in sell them when done).

    ReplyDelete