Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Field Mechanic Bodger

My Falcon project has been standing still for a few days, but my next piece will definitely be pilot who I plan on completing before I take the next step. Lots of stuff to paint and a really cool model. But what I have painted on the other hand is one green bodger. It ended up quite different from PP's own version and it sure looks different to say the least. After looking at the PP pix though I thought that maybe I should change the color of his pants to blue. Also damn I can't paint cool leather at all! Maybe I will be able to do so in the future:)

Here are some very very blurry pics:

On the last image you can see my painting "plate" or whatever it's called. It's a piece of "masonit" (whatever that is in English, masonite or something perhaps?) that is hard and has proven to be quite useful. I use it for a small variety of purposes, the most important one keeping my parents tables safe(r) :) And what you can't see is that I forgot to paint his teeth, I so gotta do that tomorrow! Upon closer RL inspection I also see that I need to touch up a few minor problems. But all in all it looks pretty neat, for being me who painted it, and the pants actually looks OK, so no bluification. This is the first of the bodgers I've painted so now I have my little "bodger prime" to use as a refence. We'll see how that turns out :)

The little bugger is also very unbased. Something I might change in a way I haven't done before. I got really inspired a few weeks ago and decided that I wanted to make the bases look like they were in a warjack factory. Or possibly just have some extra 'jack parts that they had dropped. And I did have some luck as No Quarter #22 features pictures of 'jack factories! One idea I have is to use a glass fuse (5mm x 20mm) and cut a whole in the base so I can get it lower in as I can't cut it easily and I want it to sit at an angle.

To get that effect I have decided that I need to use some green stuff to make the base slightly higher so it doesn't look so out of place. I have also thought of removing the metal part on one side and simply put some different colored cotton in there to make it kind of smoke/electricity looking. I also have some cog wheels in the pipeline to add to another base. Maybe some wiring on another. I hope to have some cool looking bodgers with a field mechanic that I can field in the future. I do need to take a long *hard* look at those trenchers though, as I'd like to see if I can't make some good use of them! So much painting, so little time :)

Next time I hope to have some Eldar Falcon progress to show, but there should be regular Warmachine updates too, and hopefully I can get some better picture quality even with my unly bad camera!